|This article is a stub. You can help Pern Wiki by expanding it.
Description of the Major Hall, including lists of famous Masters, Journeyman and apprentices of craft.
Immediately after the founding of Tillek Hold, he became the center of the sea craft and was even named after the chief seaman of the colonists, Jim Tillek. Throughout history, the Main Hall of the fishermen's shop was located right here. Only in the middle of the Ninth Pass, when Landing was re-opened and the settlement in the Monaco Bay was restored, Master Idarolan decided to move the Main Hall to the Monaco Bay Hold.
- Craftmasters: Kizan, Gostol, Idarolan, Curran.
- Masters: Mactavis (shipcraftmaster), Malon, Disaller (Lord Holder, fisher), Melongel (Lord Holder, seaman).
- Journeymans: Vesna (fisher, daughter of Gostol), Ranrel (Lord Holder, fisher).
- Other: Cherry (seawoman, wife Kizan), Lissala (seawoman, wife Idarolan), Oterel (Lord Holder).
Very many holds are engaged in fishing. However, they almost never engage in targeted study of craft and the development of new production technologies, fishing only for food.
High Reaches Hold — is also well-known for its skill at shipbuilding, second only to Tillek Hold. The holders bend timbers and dress wood in the waters north of the Hold and ship numbered and measured lengths of seasoned wood from the flat oval caverns under the Hold intended for assembly elsewhere. During much of the year, the bay is scoured clean of sand and weed by the icy northern waters, leaving it deep and clear, safe for any ship that comes so far north.
Monaco Bay Hold — after Landing, Monaco Bay Stake was the main port. During the Second Crossing it moved to Fort Sea Hold. In the Ninth Pass, the settlement was rebuilt by Master Idarolan as the new Main Hall.
Half-Circle Sea Hold — a large hold, in which, in addition to fishing, are engaged in shipbuilding.
- Masters: Trinar (dockmaster in Second Pass); Old Uncle, Yanus (Holders in Eighth Interval — Ninth Pass).
Other known crafters
- Specialists (before the foundation of the crafthall): Jim Tillek (Head seaman, captain Southern Cross, dockmaster), Steve Duff, Peri Cervantes (seamans in Southern Cross), Kaarvan (captain Pernese Venturer), Per Pagnesjo (captain Perseus), Pete Veranera (captain Maid of the Sea), Bernard Shattuck (first captain Mayflower), Anders Sejby (second captain Mayflower), Nora Sejby, Bruce Olivine (seamans).
- Masters: Tanner (seaman, captain Wind Rider), Varney (seaman, captain Windtoss), Osemore (fisher, Southern Hold), Garm (seaman, Southern Hold), Rampesi (seaman, Big Bay Hold), Alemi (fisher, Paradise River Sea Hold)
- Journeymans: Binness (fisher, Sunrise Cliff Seahold).
- Other: Baror, Colfet (seaman in Wind Rider), Brare (former journeyman).
|Crafts and Halls|
|Traditional||Baker • Beastcraft / -hall • Farmercraft / -hall • Fishercraft / -hall • Glasscraft / -hall • Harpercraft / -hall • Healercraft / -hall • Minecraft / -hall • Runner / -stations • Scriber • Smithcraft / -hall • Tannercraft / -hall • Trader • Winecraft / -hall • Weavercraft / -hall • Wherhandler|
|Recreated in Ninth Pass||Computercraft / -hall • Dolphincraft / -hall • Papercraft / -hall • Plasticcraft / -hall • Printercraft / -hall • Starcraft / -hall • Techniciancraft / -hall • Woodcraft / -hall|
|Holds • Stakes • Weyrs|